The project "Web-Based Information System Of Comparative Analysis, Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Public Services (PSB-DMEP)" was implemented by the partnership of 5 operators, specifically the National Technical University of Athens - Laboratory of Production, Advanced Services Group LTD., Bee Group S.A., Developmental Inter-municipal Society Digital Cities of Central Greece SA. as well as the Municipality of Amarousio. These organizations offered significant research and technological knowledge and also represent local authorities in different regions of the country.
This project was co-funded by the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning & Religious Affairs under the Action "Cooperation 2009".
A tool designed to ensure quality and transparency for services provided by the Local Authorities to citizens and business.
The "Web Based Information System Of Comparative Analysis, Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Public Services (PSB-DMEP)" helps to ensure quality and efficient public service to citizens and businesses with low cost. It also provides:
- comparative analysis of similar services provided by Local Authorities (Municipalities) by using quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- implementation of a Management System through Objectives to meet the needs of targeting, monitoring and evaluating the services
- the initial design or redesign of procedures that are related to the provision of those services
- the participation of the recipients of those services (citizens, businesses, etc) both during the initial design and for their future improvement, based on prevailing conditions.
The Web Based system PSB-DMEP can be used both by Local Authorities as well as by other Public Authorities (Central Administration, Public Organizations and Businesses) that provide services at citizens and businesses.
The main objectives of the Web Based Information System of Comparative Analysis, Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Public Services(PSB-DMEP) are:
- For Local Authorities: Improving the services through comparative analysis, targeting, redesigning, monitoring and evaluation.
- For the services recipients: Their participation at creating or upgrading services through the stages of designing till their evaluation.
PSB-DMEPs sub-systems are:
1. Comparative Analysis Sub-System
The comparative analysis sub-system is a web based application designed to evaluate the performance of similar services that are provided by Local Authorities by using qualitative and quantitative indicators. It functions as a "service" to participating Local Authorities provided by a service provider.
The Comparative Analysis Sub-System targets Local Authorities as well as Public Authorities (Central Administration, Public Organizations).
The aim of the Comparative Analysis Sub-System is constantly developing the quality of the offered services provided by various Municipalities by comparing the performance of those services with same or similar ones provided by other Municipalities using previously defined performance indicators.
2. Management System through Objectives
The Management System through Objectives is designed to set objectives as well as monitoring and evaluating them through the Administration or Services of Local Authorities as well as through other Public Organizations (Central Administration, Public Services).
The Administration and executives of Local Authorities and other Public Organization.
The aim of this sub-system is efficiently supporting the Administration and executives of Local Authorities through the objective setting period (defining the objectives, monitoring their execution, gathering the results and evaluating them as well as spotting deviations for corrective actions).
3. Sub-System for the design of simulation Processes & Operational Support
The sub-system for the design of simulation Processes & operational support allows the initial design or redesign of the processes that are related to providing services to Local Authorities or other Public Organizations. It also supports the execution of procedures and the performance monitoring of these services by changing basic parameters associated with it (available resources,execution time, etc)
This sub-system targets is designed to provide support to Local Authorities Services or Public Organizations that are involved in the modeling and execution of procedures relative to a service but also to Administration to help with decision making regarding the provision of services.
The sub-system for the design of simulation Processes & operation support aims to improve the offered service through redesign opportunities as well as improving the performance through changing basic parameters that are related to its provision, for example service time, operational cost, etc.
4. Documentation, Information & Networking Sub-System
The documentation, information and networking sub-system supports the documentation and promotion of Local Authorities or Public Organization services as well as briefing, participating and communicating with the recipient of the service.
The sub-system is designed for executives of Local Authorities or other Public Organizations as well as for the recipients of the service (businesses,citizens) and aims to provide better briefing and ensure their participation.
The documentation, information and networking sub-system can be used by the executives of the organizations for:
- managing informative - educational material that is related to the execution of the procedures so that they can perform their duties.
- managing informative material aimed at citizens / users of the system.
- managing user / citizen input.
It can also be used by the recipients of those services for:
- Being informed about news, offered services and actions performed by the organization.
- recording their opinion through polls and questionnaires
- creating topics for discussion and providing feedback by using comments on created discussions and topics
The sub-system assigns roles to its users. The Organizations executives are responsible to manage the sub-system as well as managing the answers/ feedback of users / citizens. The recipients of the services have access to informative materials and by signing up at the platform they can interact with the system so that they can record comments, issues, problems, remarks etc. This sub-system is a platform designed to encourage citizens participation at every process of the organization that cultivates a culture of democratic and transparent expression.